Chemo #4 Stuff, update March 16, 1am


Tuesday March 05, 2am

Had my 2 hour nap, yay
    Got woken up by my back. Turned over in my sleep, bad idea.
Wound still open and nurse coming daily to refresh. Tomorrow when u'm at the hospital for chemo the skin doc will come have a look. Someone want to see a pic from this morning when it was cleaned?

Doesn't look to bad.
I still don't understand why he didn't just close that up though. Looks to me like he could still decide to do that.
But i'm no doctor.

Annoying thing.

Now if that was where the cancer crawled out of my body, leave open by all means.
I'm half a sleep now, so that's probably not happening.


    CBD: What's happening in the CBD experiment?
Well, it really helps with sleep. (not today i know)
I get about 6 hours sleep now normally.
Vaping CBD during the day at low levels, i'm not really looking at how much i actually take. Mixed a bottle at 10mg/ML, so that's reaaly low and i can pick it up whenever i feel like it, or even vape it all day if i like.
So this is going to continue....

   What's next?
 Wednesday, Thursday & Friday are chemotherapy days, so i will be feeling sick again. These few days just before the next chemo are the best, i feel really good and actually can do some stuff, i can focus. But it doesn't last long.
It's a vicious circle like everything in live i guess.
Looking on the bright side: i only have 2 more of these chemo sessions to go, then we would move on to only immunotherapy and that should (in theory) keep my cancer at the state it is in. Or even have my own immune system fight it some more. (i ordered them to kill it, but they don't seem to take my orders).
 What i really want is some new scans to know what is actually happening in my body, especially those 2 spots in my brain. That's what really bothers me now. If one of them decides to hop over to some cell i actually use...
 My wife still will not agree to shave the rest of my hair. Getting close to doing it anyway. Those 2 hairs blowing in the wind are getting on my nerves.

Wednesday, March 6
Chemo day.
Up at 5am, turned over in my sleep on my back, instant wake up call.
Oh well, gives me a chance to do some stuff before going to hospital while i'm still in a good shape. I will be feeling different by tonight again, and all of next week. Dreamed about having a PET-scan and the tumor in my chest was like a marble, the ones in my head were gone. So i knew that was dream, PET didn't scan my head in real life.
Dreams do weird things.
Ok, got coffee, lets start the systems and do something...

The reason i don't like going to the hospital is other patients. And all the other reasons why people don't like going there of course.
The section where i have to go is all cancer patients, most are terminal.
But they are all depressed. And then i come in acting like a normal living being. (probably why some of them told the nurses they don't like being in a room with me). I go get a coffee in the cafeteria, go have a vape outside,... all while taking the bags of chemo with me on one of those poles on wheels.
Am i wrong and should i act like a sick dying cancer patient instead?
No idea, but it won't be right away, not how i function...

Thursday March 07,  5am
Yesterday had the 3 bags of chemo and immunotherapy, was totally tired
by the time i got home at 7pm.
Blood test came back promising according to doc, they are thinking about cutting my meds like halfway.
Doc came to look at my back, and nurse can continue as she is doing.
So, no bad news yet....

Saturday March 09,  5am
Yesterday after chemo i had to go straight to the couch.
Of course now i'm awake at 4am again.

But, It's decided. This was last chemo, from now on i'll be getting only immunotherapy every 3 weeks. This means:
  • No more sicknes from chemo.
  • I still have the tumors, but my body would keep them in current shrunken state, or even fight them some more.
  • Hair can grow back (so can tumor).
  • My body will be fighting the cancer alone, so will need meds for rest.
  • I can start rebuilding some muscle.
  • The pills i had to take to get over chemo sickness are done.
  • euhm
There is more, but i'm still waking up ;-)
Sooo, YAY and WOOT WOOT
Now i need to try and get this chemo session sickness out of the way, and would be last one (fingers crossed)

Wednesday, March 13  5am
Finally starting to get this chemo sickness over with.

Got me a hot coco, vaping some CBD juice, thinking about my brain.
Had a call yesterday from the hospital that they want me to take an MRI on Friday. I guess we will finally know whats happening in my head with those 2 little tumors. If they got smaller i might get my right to drive back and i will be working on my bike some to get it ready. Not much needed, a new battery and clutch needs a bleeding. If they didn't get smaller i will need radiation therapy, 12 sessions i hear. Good thing my head is finally shaved (yup)

The CBD is really starting to pay off, i sleep 6h straight now. Something to keep in mind if you have sleeping trouble.
The wound on my back is building up from the inside out like the doc said, and is getting smaller.
I got to grab a shower now, .....

See y'all later ;-)

Saturday, March 16, 1am

Having my hot coco, fell a sleep on the couch around 9pm.
Some coco and a vape, i'll try and get some more sleep in bed then.

 Went for my MRI scan yesterday. Results will be sometime next week.
Really curious to know what going on in my head with those 2 tumors.
If they got smaller i might get my drivers license back. I really hope they did and i do. Would really like to drive to Spain one last time, and get on my bike a few times this summer.
 Doc gave me a new note for work as well, another 6 months sick leave. Guess they don't see me joining the working masses anytime soon.

 Well, anyhow, the chemo sickness is wearing off, i start to feel like a human again.
So, i should get a hobby going again....




Comments

JustG said…
Really happy that you're getting some sleep finally, the CBD does seem to have some benefits. I do it the same as you, low dose mixture so I can pick it up whenever. I wish i could change my name to Char, but Google 😭
Cheers ✌️
Glad the CBDs is working for you Marty wound looking good also! Alohas
Hetal Khandwala said…
Nope bro. You're not wrong. You're just trying to live rather than wait to die.
Ali B said…
You are not wrong. The most important thing is to keep your morale high, be positive. And while I know you don't go through this ordeal alone, if it makes YOU happy, just get rid of those 2 hair left.
Unknown said…
Good thing they're cutting half of the pills tho!
So what? After the 2 chemo sessions, they will "test" if immunotherapy is enough to keep tumors as they are...rite?
AlxThirtyOne
Martin Coulon said…
yea, will be up to my body then
edsmat said…
I've always liked your Android development work, I'm so moved that you're passing, I'm cheering for you.

One of the things that can help
chemotherapy is happiness, seek it and do the necessary procedures.

hugs
Shravan said…
Thank you very much for posting this article. The best oncologists in Chennai have fully functional, modern operating rooms to provide comprehensive patient care. Cancer is no longer the dreaded illness it once was, even though it is still a major medical problem. Many cancer types are now treatable, and patients are frequently able to resume leading healthy lives.